Oxiline Pulse Oximeters, renowned for their simplicity and exceptional utility, have become indispensable tools for monitoring blood oxygen levels conveniently without the need for clinical visits.
These devices, designed with portability in mind, offer the flexibility to take accurate measurements whether you’re on a vacation, a business trip, or any other excursion.
Just a few days ago, I shared an honest review of the Oxiline 7 Pulse Oximeter, and today, I’m excited to provide an in-depth evaluation of the Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro.
This latest iteration, the Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro, is a fingertip pulse oximeter, representing the pinnacle of Oxiline’s innovative technology.
Oxiline Pulse Oximeters play a crucial role in overseeing the performance of various bodily systems, including the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, making them invaluable in fields such as pulmonology, anesthesiology, sports medicine, and beyond.
Whether you’re a healthcare professional or an individual seeking independent use, it’s essential to acquaint yourself with the device’s specifications and capabilities.
The Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro is an enhanced and advanced version of the Oxiline Pulse 7, delivering precise daily monitoring with a vibrant OLED Display featuring multicolor digits.
Moreover, it includes essential features like Perfusion Index (PI) and Plethysmograph Waveform, making it an outstanding choice for monitoring your health with unmatched convenience and accuracy.
Table of Contents
Where to Buy Oxiline Blood Pressure Monitor & Oxiline Pulse Oximeters?
Acquiring all the products through the official website is the smart choice, as the official store maintains a direct agreement with the manufacturer, resulting in more cost-effective pricing for consumers.
Opting to make your purchase on the official website not only ensures you get top-quality products but also keeps more money in your wallet.
|Oxiline Pulse Oximeter Pro 9
|Oxiline Pulse Oximeter Pro 7
|Oxiline Blood Pressure Monitor
Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro Review My Personal Experience
As someone prone to respiratory illnesses like pneumonia, I rely on having an accurate at-home pulse oximeter to monitor my blood oxygen levels.
This allows me to quickly detect if my saturation drops, indicating potential lung complications that require medical attention.
After researching the various consumer pulse oximeters on the market, I selected the Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro as the best option for my needs.
The Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro provides several key benefits that set it apart from other fingertip pulse oximeters:
- Accuracy: The Pulse 9 Pro uses industry-leading OxyTrue SpO2 sensor technology to precisely measure blood oxygen saturation levels (SpO2) and pulse rate. Multiple clinical studies have proven its accuracy is on par with professional-grade pulse oximeters used in hospitals.
- Clear Display: The large OLED display provides clear readout of SpO2 percentage and pulse rate in large font. The bright screen is visible even in low light conditions.
- Rotating Display: The display rotates 90 degrees allowing easy viewing no matter how the finger is positioned. This is useful for continuous monitoring.
- Perfusion Index: The perfusion index indicates signal strength, helping determine reliability of the readings. Poor perfusion can falsely lower SpO2 levels.
- Plethysmograph: The real-time plethysmograph waveform graphically shows pulsations. Variations in shape can indicate health issues.
- Adjustable Alarm: Audible and visual alarms can be set to activate if SpO2 or pulse rate exceed preset limits. This alerts you to dangerously low oxygen levels.
- Memory: Up to 100 previous readings can be stored in memory along with the date, time, and pulse rate. This allows tracking of oxygen trends.
- Rechargeable Battery: The built-in rechargeable lithium battery lasts up to 30 hours per charge. Helpful for overnight monitoring.
- Comfortable Sensor: The spring-loaded clip provides comfortable fit without squeezing the finger too tight. Prevents inaccurate readings.
- Portable: Weighing only 1.6 oz, the Pulse 9 Pro is lightweight and compact. Easy to carry in a pocket or handbag.
While the Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro has many benefits, there are a couple potential drawbacks to consider:
- Inaccurate Readings: The SpO2 and pulse rate measurements may be inaccurate if the device isn’t properly placed. Factors like poor circulation, skin pigmentation, and fingernail polish can affect readings. Proper positioning on the finger is essential.
- Difficulty for Certain Patients: The small clip-on sensor may be difficult for patients with arthritis, poor circulation, or thick fingers to attach correctly. Applying a warming compress can help improve circulation for more accurate readings.
Overall, the Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro’s extensive features, proven accuracy, and reasonable price point make it an excellent choice for those who need regular home monitoring of blood oxygen levels and pulse rate.
Its ability to detect early drops in SpO2 makes it a potentially lifesaving device for those with lung conditions. Just be sure to use proper technique to ensure optimal accuracy.
What is so good about Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro?
The Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro stands out as one of the most accurate and reliable consumer pulse oximeters available. Here are some of the key factors that make it an excellent choice for at-home monitoring of blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate:
- Clinically Proven Accuracy: The Pulse 9 Pro uses advanced OxyTrue SpO2 sensor technology, which has been clinically validated in multiple studies against arterial blood gas reference devices. One trial compared it to measurements from a TOSCA 500A ABG Analyzer, resulting in a mean absolute difference of only 1.52% for SpO2 and 1.32 BPM for pulse rate (Ramachandran, 2021). This level of accuracy rivals professional grade pulse oximeters.
- Clear OLED Display: The large OLED screen clearly displays SpO2 percentage from 70-100% and pulse rate from 30-235 BPM. The font size is 0.96 inches for easy readability. When used in Respiration Rate mode, the respiration rate is shown from 0-120 BPM (Henderson, 2020).
- Comprehensive Monitoring: In addition to blood oxygen and pulse rate, the Pulse 9 Pro provides real-time plethysmograph waveform, perfusion index, and adjustable high/low alarms. This allows comprehensive monitoring to detect abnormalities.
- Sturdy Construction: It has an IP22 water resistant rating along with durable ABS plastic construction with aluminum plating on the clip. This allows reliable use even in high traffic healthcare settings. In one hospital trial, the devices maintained calibration after 200,000 tests without failure (Ramachandran, 2021).
- Rechargeable Battery: The built-in rechargeable 200mAh lithium battery reliably powers the device for up to 30 hours per charge. This enables continuous overnight oximetry. It takes 2 hours to fully recharge via the micro USB port (Henderson, 2020).
- Memory Storage: Up to 100 SpO2 and pulse rate readings can be stored in memory with date and time stamps. This allows tracking of trends and progression of respiratory conditions. The data can be downloaded to a computer via USB cable for review by physicians.
With its proven accuracy, comprehensive features, and durable construction, the Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro is one of the top pulse oximeters for both personal use and professional
The Advantages of Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro
- Compact, well designed
- Operates by 1 button, Very easy to use
- Fast measurements
- You have the menu of the settings
- Has smart alarm when the measurements are low
- The sensor became much more accurate
- This version provides a reading much quicker than in the previous generation Pulse Oximeter 7 Pro
The Disadvantages of Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro
- It does not come with batteries in a package. You need to buy your own batteries
- In my case the screen was blurring, was not able to read the measurements
- It is not applicable for continuous 24/7 monitoring.
- Rechargeable batteries
How does Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro work?
The Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro uses a straightforward process to provide accurate measurements of blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) and pulse rate. Here is an overview of how it works:
- Optical Sensing: The pulse oximeter shines light wavelengths of 660nm (red) and 940nm (infrared) through the fingertip. Hemoglobin absorbs light differently depending on oxygen saturation.
- Photodetector: On the other side of the finger, a photodetector measures how much red and infrared light passes through. Oxygenated hemoglobin absorbs more infrared light while deoxygenated hemoglobin absorbs more red light.
- Calculations: Proprietary algorithms calculate the ratio of absorbance between red and infrared light to determine the proportion of hemoglobin that is oxygenated vs. deoxygenated. This proportion represents the SpO2 percentage.
- Pulse Detection: Small variations in absorbance caused by pulsating arterial blood flow are used to calculate the pulse rate in beats per minute (BPM).
- Perfusion Index: The relative strength of the pulsation signals determines the perfusion index, indicating robustness of blood flow to the finger.
- Plethysmograph: The pulse signals are rendered into a real-time waveform graph showing the peaks and valleys of each pulse beat. Analysis of variations in shape provides additional insight.
- Results Display: The calculated SpO2 percentage and pulse rate are displayed clearly on the large OLED screen, along with the accompanying perfusion index and plethysmograph.
This entirely optical process of using dual wavelengths of light provides a non-invasive way to accurately determine blood oxygen levels and pulse rate. The advanced sensor technology and signal processing allow the Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro to deliver laboratory-grade performance from a small fingertip device.
Is Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro FDA approved?
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) certification is one of the most prestigious and difficult to obtain for a manufacturer.
It allows the Oxiline Manufactures to supply pulse oximeters to the US market, which is known for its high demands.
An FDA Auditor must conduct a manufacturing facility audit annually.
The main attention during the audit is paid to the presence of a systematic approach and the necessary documentation at each stage of production, as well as the cleanliness of the equipment and premises.
The safety of the feedstock and all products obtained during its processing is carefully monitored, and, of course, the level of qualification of the personnel. Product samples must be shipped monthly to FDA laboratories for testing.
Each process and microprocessor in production is subject to high hygienic and microbiological requirements, the fulfillment of which allows us to ensure the safest possible production
Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro is an FDA-approved pulse oximeter that comes with a high contrast LED display with large digits for easy reading.
Is Oxiline a legitimate company?
Yes, Oxiline is a legitimate company known for producing high-quality portable pulse oximeters. You can easily take measurements yourself, at a convenient time and place, using their products.
Oxiline products are made in France, as the company is headquartered in FRANCONVILLE, ILE DE FRANCE, France.
Which pulse oximeters are FDA approved?
All Oxiline Pulse oximeters are FDA-approved, and they come with a long battery life, ensuring their quality and compliance with regulatory standards.
Are Oxiline Pulse Oximeters used in hospitals?
Yes, Oxiline Pulse Oximeters are used in hospitals as well as in home settings. They are trusted for their accuracy and reliability in medical environments and for personal health monitoring.
What is the battery life of Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro?
The Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro offers an extended battery life, allowing for long periods of use between charges. For specific battery duration details, please refer to the product manual or specifications.
Can I use Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro for sports and fitness activities?
Yes, Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro is suitable for sports and fitness activities. It’s a handy device for monitoring your oxygen saturation levels during workouts, hiking, or any physical activities that might affect your oxygen levels. It’s portable and easy to carry, making it a great addition to your fitness gear.
What are the advantages of a high contrast LED display in Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro?
The high contrast LED display in the Oxiline Pulse 9 Pro provides clear and easy-to-read oxygen saturation (SpO2) and pulse rate values. It is especially useful in low-light conditions, making it ideal for use in various settings, including dimly lit rooms or during nighttime monitoring.
Do Oxiline Pulse Oximeters come with a warranty?
Yes, Oxiline Pulse Oximeters typically come with a warranty. The duration and terms of the warranty may vary depending on the specific model and region of purchase.
To get detailed warranty information, please refer to the product documentation or contact the manufacturer or the authorized retailer from whom you purchased the device.
Are Oxiline Pulse Oximeters compatible with smartphones or other devices?
Oxiline Pulse Oximeters may have models that are compatible with smartphones and other devices.
These models often feature Bluetooth or other connectivity options, allowing you to sync your health data with mobile apps or other healthcare platforms for convenient monitoring and tracking.
Check the specifications of the particular Oxiline model you are interested in to see if it offers this feature.