Why do You Need an Orthopedic Pillow? Forget about Sleep Apnea
Have you ever thought about the position in which you sleep, how it affects your health?
Night rest is not always beneficial.
Surely you often got out of bed in the morning with a feeling as if you had not gone to bed at all. At the same time, the neck hurts so much that you have to turn the whole body.
The head is popping, as after a corporate party or Airborne Forces Day. My ears are ringing. Does it feel familiar?
How to Sleep Correctly?
Anatomically incorrect position of the cervical and upper thoracic spine when using a conventional pillow & Anatomically incorrect position of the cervical and upper thoracic spine when using the orthopedic pillow
This position can only be provided by an orthopedic pillow. It “fills” the natural bend in the neck, the roller copes with this task perfectly.
Our Top Pick
- ULTRA-ADJUSTABLE QUEEN-SIZE MEMORY FOAM PILLOW - Royal Therapy snuggle bed pillows are designed to contour to the unique shape of the body to help support your head and neck. It provides even support for the neck and head. This bamboo pillow allows for uniform pressure on all areas of the head and neck. By removing the middle foam layer, its construction allows it to be perfect for all kinds of sleepers (side / back / stomach).
- BEST SPINAL ALIGNMENT - Our luxury cervical firm pillow gives greater resistance under the heaviest parts of the head, and equally supports the lighter, more sensitive neck area. Royal Therapy memory foam pillow helps reduce tossing, turning and discomfort. It allows your muscles to relax properly offering natural spinal support to your body, adjusting to your unique shape promoting a deep restful sleep.
- HELPS YOU GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP - Royal Therapy memory foam pillow may also be a benefit to those with sleeping problems, as there is less tossing and turning which leads to sound, restful sleep.
- BAMBOO COVER- Bamboo cover is constructed with heat dissipating technology that eliminates thermal build-up while you sleep.
- EXTRA DURABLE AND AESTHETIC PILLOW - Our Royal Therapy memory foam does offer superior comfort levels. It's firm but still has bounce and holds its shape extremely well. When the pressure is removed the memory foam slowly resets and returns to its original shape. It will outlast other high quality pillows simply by design.
This is how the orthopedic pillow differs from others:
- The presence of one or two rollers that follow the natural curve of the neck;
- The ability to maintain shape for a long time;
- It is made of elastic, hypoallergenic material with memory effect.
Why is an orthopedic pillow useful?
- Normal blood flow in the neck is restored.
- Less often attacks of osteochondrosis, headaches and other diseases occur.
- A comfortable pillow can help you fall asleep faster.
- Can be matched to any sleeping position – on the side, back and stomach.
- Breathable materials allow air to pass through and create a favorable microclimate for the bed.
- Models from memory do not press on soft tissues and keep the skin youthful.
- Helps to relieve or reduce the frequency of snoring.
- They help to maintain a beautiful posture at any age.
- There are not only adults, but also children’s models. The earlier the child starts sleeping on the orthopedic pillow, the better his health will be.
The orthopedic pillow is made of?
The orthopedic model cannot be very soft (downy, for example), it must not fall under the weight of the head.
The filler of an orthopedic pillow is usually elastic, resilient, follows the contours of the head and neck, and also recovers its shape after the release of the load, therefore, it provides uniform support in any position with an infinite number of changes in the sleeping position per night.
This is the main difference from the classic pillow, in which the filler is crushed and dumped, and after changing the position of the body, it must be shaken.
It is unlikely that you will be doing this all night, which means that there is a risk of spending time in the wrong position, which will lead to numbness and impaired blood supply.
When choosing a model, pay attention to: shape, size, filling and price of the pillow. Be sure to consider your sleeping posture.
Search the Internet for reviews of independent customers who have already bought your chosen model and honestly talk about its advantages and disadvantages.
But what you shouldn’t do is trust the advice of bloggers – companies pay them to promote products, so bloggers are praising pillows, attributing properties to them that they never had.
This is not an objective assessment of the product.
Look for testimonials from real customers who did not receive money for advertising, but paid themselves when buying a product.
The Orthopedic Pillows Types
The most common, traditional, trustworthy pillow shape. Despite the fact that many other options have appeared recently, the rectangular one does not lose its popularity.
You can turn it as you like, you can change the sleeping position on it – and it will still be comfortable.
The most popular form of an orthopedic pillow. The roller supports the natural curves of the neck, relieves muscle tension. On such a pillow, the head is guaranteed to be in the correct position.
Often the rollers are not the same height, you can turn the model and sleep on the side where it is more comfortable.
This cushion is designed for those who sleep on their side. It is difficult for such people to find a comfortable sleeping position because the head is high above the level of the bed.
A regular feather pillow has to be fluffed and placed on the edge, which is not very convenient.
With an orthopedic pillow with a recess for the shoulder, you do not need to do such complex manipulations, the manufacturer has already thought of everything and created a model of the desired height and shape.
The unusual model helps you sleep comfortably on your stomach. On a regular pillow or even without it, the sleeper strongly arches his neck and buries his nose in the mattress.
The star shape helps you quickly find a comfortable position and breathe easily.
The thermo activated material from which the model is made does not squeeze the delicate skin of the face, prevents the appearance of edema and wrinkles.
How to choose the size of the orthopedic Pillow?
Measure your shoulder. The pillow should be about the same height, plus or minus two centimeters. If you sleep on your stomach, take the model lower, on the side – a little higher.
The length and width of the product doesn’t really matter. The orthopedic properties of the 50×70 cm model do not differ from the 65×35 cm pillow. It is important that the pillow fits your bed completely and does not hang down.
The orthopedic properties of the pillow are more dependent on the filler than on other parameters.
Memory reacts to pressure and heat, changing its structure and adapting to the shape of the sleeping person’s body.
When a person lies on a regular mattress, their own weight squeezes the soft tissues in the place where they come into contact with the bed. This does not happen with the memorial.
It takes the form of a human body without resistance. The absence of back pressure is the main advantage of the innovative material.
An improved version of the shape memory foam. Not only does it not put pressure on soft tissues, but also distributes body weight over the surface of the pillow evenly, creating a feeling of floating in zero gravity.
As the name implies, one of the components of the material is natural soy. There are many soy foams, and they all have different properties.
Often the manufacturer combines several types of foams in one model. For example, on top is a foam with memory properties, and on the bottom is a harder, dense material.
You can turn the pillow over and sleep on the side that is more comfortable.
There are models flavored with natural neroli oil – it is added during the manufacture of the material, so the light soothing scent of wild orange does not fade away, but lasts for the entire life of the pillow.
Received on the basis of Hevea juice. One of the most durable materials, its service life is at least 10 years.
Perforated over the entire surface, therefore it is well ventilated and does not accumulate dust inside. Possesses bactericidal properties, even after years of use, microorganisms do not settle inside.
It is not used by itself, but on top of other materials. Due to its structure, it removes the heat of the human body into the product. Lying on a cool surface is pleasant and useful, a person turns over less in a dream and sleeps better.
Choose it by appointment
Few people sleep all night in the same position. If you know that you fall asleep on your back and wake up on your stomach, a universal rectangular pillow made of memory or natural latex will suit you. Resilient materials do not squeeze soft tissues, no matter how you lie down.
A wave-shaped pillow is perfect for sleeping on your back. Side-lying lovers will love the model with a shoulder recess. For sleeping on your stomach, the low star-shaped model is the best option.
The Orthopedic Pillow keeps the cervical spine in the correct position. For a healthy person, this serves as the prevention of diseases, for those who don’t have any diseases, it reduces the risk of complications and progression.
But, remember that high-tech fillers require careful handling.
So, the memory foam cannot be wetted, because it will be difficult to dry it. It is undesirable to operate in a room with high humidity.
Orthopedic pillow Final Words
The wave-shaped pillow takes some time getting used to. If you have slept only on soft down pillows before, then on the orthopedic one you may feel unusual and uncomfortable.
After three days you will get used to it, and the old down pillow will seem uncomfortable to you.
Read more about Sleep monitoring: 4 Best Sleep Trackers For 2021…